Oh, Mercy Mercy (to) Me
Posted on June 26, 2013
by My Berean Life
Click here to listen: Living the Character of Mercy
Here’s a recap.
#1 – Mercy is for all.
- Luke 6:36 – Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father is merciful
- Exodus 33:19 – He will shew mercy on whom He will shew mercy.
- 1 Timothy 5:21 – Do nothing by partiality.
- Philippians 2:13 – God works in us the will and the to do of His good pleasure.
#2 – Mercy works with truth for our hearts to willingly obey God.
- Proverbs 16:6 – By mercy (kindness) and truth (stability, establishment) iniquity (to do amiss) is purged (covered, cancelled): and by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil.
- We have to do more than respond to God emotionally or verbally. We must take courage and obey.
- Iniquity (doing amiss) is a heart issue, not an obedience issue. We have to apply the Truth to our hearts each time we hear Truth speak, until our hearts soften to His voice and we embrace obedience.
#3 – God chose us to receive His mercy.
- Kindness is how we deal with ourselves and others. This is how we benefit from the mercy ministry.
- Truth or stability is the result of an honest pattern.
This lesson encouraged us to show mercy to ourselves, and in that learn to show mercy to others. Also, this lesson pointed us to God’s sovereignty – healing can come to us with a renewed mind if we can accept that we did not arbitrarily receive God’s mercy but He chose us to receive it. Amen!
As for stability in truth, let’s make a contribution of truth in others’ lives. We want a pattern of truth to develop that supports and establishes an obedient life of doing that hits the mark.
Love to all.
Category: CrownsTags: 1 timothy 5, exodus 33, extending mercy, kindness, mercy ministry, Mind Renewal, obedient life, Proverbs 6:16, Speaking the Truth in Love, Spirit of Truth, transformation
Just loving this teaching!!! Your teachings always leads me to God!!!